Saturday, January 24, 2009

Survival!!!!


















This is a story of survival. So many things I want to write about - but today I am going to write about little victories and some survival stories. First of all I believe the diaper wars are over - and I am reigning champion!!!!! Cole has been fighting me for the past 9 months. He has hated getting his diaper changed. I have tried everything. Making him help me by carrying the diaper, or getting the wipes. I have tried changing him standing or on the floor or on the bed. I have even gone so far as to bribe the little monster (with stickers!!!) Somehow, someway the battle is over - I think it is just a matter of him growing out of the stage - but, whatever the reason I win!!
He had surgeryyesterday. He got tubes in both of his ears. Little nerve wracking - but the whole thing was over in less than 25 minutes. He was a little grumpy yesterday - but nothing major. Hopefully this will be the end of his infections. We go back again in 3 weeks for recheck and hearing test. They say that for every ear infection - there is residual swelling and remaining fluid for approx 4 weeks. He has now had 6 infections - that we know about. Hopefully there is no hearing loss.
My other survival story - is one that is still in progress. Due to the ear infections we have sleeping issues. I have given up - one week I do well and am strong, the next week I give in. Cole has been waking up at 12:00, 2:00, 3:00-5:00, etc. I think he has Craig and my numbers. I try to be strong - and check on him every 10-20 minutes. But he has figured out that screaming is much more effective!! and gets a much quicker response. The usual response (when I am not too exhausted) is a short trial of getting him to lay down and stop screaming. But recently the response has been collecting him and bringing to our bed. I know, I know - horrible habit. Everything in me screams no, but my desire for sleep says I don't care. Now that the tubes are in, I am going to be trying to be the strict momma. We will see how this goes. Right now - noone is sleeping well - with feet in the back and sometimes to the head - Craig and I are ready to claim back our bed.




































No comments:

Post a Comment